Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Freelance SEO Writer Blog Begins

Hello. My Name is Marty Lamers.
I write for a living. Sometimes I like it, sometimes it bites, but most often I truly love it.

I have a lot of freedoms I don't take for granted. I make a good living at a corporate gig and as a freelancer through my company Articulayers.com. I think I succeed because I believe in what I do.

So the reason I am starting this blog, is I keep wanting to update my own freelance company site, but that involves a lot of coding and thought. And code is cold and unforgiving. And then there's more search engine optimizing. And more studying and research, and more work and all that effort...ew.

I have actually been way too busy to allow myself the time to redo my site...at least that is my excuse.

So my poor old site sits there, never getting updated.
Nice corporate image, you say. I know. Weak, you supposed Internet pro, you snarl. I know. i should be ashamed.

But I figured I could do this blog a little more often, and hopefully, have some fun with it. Blogs are as easy as it gets, I think.
I will leave it out here for a while, and post some freelance copywriter experiences in it...or talk about SEO stuff, or do whatever comes to me as necessary, fun, or whatever.

For the most part, this is a blog for people considering entering this field. It'll have some tips and stuff, but most of it will be just insight that should serve to help you understand more about what a guy like me faces being an SEO Copywriter for a living.
I make no apologies for this content.

I'll be back soon, hopefully with something to say.
-m

1 comment:

Audrey - NovelBrand Communications said...

Nice blog. Congrats on being "swamped!"