Sunday, October 4, 2009

Thanks, Emory

Had a good time last week speaking at Emory University at a little career mixer.
The Career Services Center out there put it on, and it seemed like a rousing success. I was one of about 20-30 writers, all covering a variety of niches.
We mixed around with a bunch of students, and just talked.
I met a lot of really nice people, all in different stages of needing help, or mixing it up professionally.
I had a good time talking to them, and offering whatever I thought might help.
I told them I had work if they wanted it - I have not yet had someone hit it up. But I have connected with about 8 of the writers/students I met, and am offering a little help, if I can.

So thanks Emory, and Paul and the staff over at the career Services Center. It was a good time, and I will add a few posts in the future based on the questions I was being asked.

No comments: