Monday, August 25, 2008

Please - Look at the Spam Posted in the Comments of the Last Post

Here's a link: http://freelanceseowriter.blogspot.com/2008/08/my-non-optimized-blog.html

I just don't understand why some people think this will work.
"Dan" (or Sanjay) worked so hard on finding a simple contextual connection in my post to advertise his business, he disregarded the most basic rules of blogging...add to the topic, silly.

Normally, I would just kill it.
But Dan (or Sanjay) makes a good point--no wait, he doesn't.

He offers nothing of value, but wants to do it on my blog instead of his own. Although I am sure he has plenty of like-minded gunk on MANY blogs of his own, as well as many thwarted efforts to offer these wonderful comments on others' work. When you really think about it, getting something for nothing is a long, easy road of try and try again. He (they) have lots of failure to look forward to, I am sure.

So I left it there instead of deleting it like I normally do--and I sincerely hope this schizophrenic author figures out a better way to make a living. In the meantime, be sure to never visit his site, or the one being hawked. He'll be unemployed soon enough, reflecting on "the good old days" when he was a web "professional."

And NEVER, EVER think that comment spam is an SEO strategy worth pursuing.

What he does on my blog is similar to what the rest of us do in the bathroom.
Grunts and all.

No comments: